General Biology Extra Credit Options
Note: extra credit is only available to those who have submitted their regular work and requires parent approval beforehand.
1) Biology video programs - Watch and review a video on a biology related topic (Discovery Channel, Learning Channel, History Channel, Animal Planet, etc...). The review should be one full page including a summary and personal reaction.
2) Making signs and posters for class - (Requires Prior approval of teacher). See me for details.
3) HTML Authoring - Writing web pages for the school website. (Requires Prior approval of teacher). See me for details.
4) Internet Research - Find a website that covers information that we are covering that unit. Print the pages and either write a review or present briefly.
5) Link Reports - Go to one of the links below, print the pages and either write a review or present briefly.
Scientists on verge of unraveling DNA code of a human chromosome
Brain’s ‘moral compass’ identified
FDA takes gene food issue to public
Flu Front Page 817 PM ET Monday, October 18, 1999
N.Y. researcher wins Nobel
Detecting Disease before Symptoms
Gene therapy Fixing our DNA
Wanted John Doe, aka GATTACA
Smart mice, not-so-smart people
Scientists decipher immunity genes
Online egg auction pathetic yet inevitable
Lasers offer promise of super-vision
Gene Therapy Trial For CAD Showing Efficacy
Scientists report ‘ouch gene’
Do Germs Cause Cancer?
Tetra, the cloned monkey, is born
The extra credit offered herein is aligned with the National Science Education Content and Teaching Standards. Student should be given the opportunity to seek content of interest to them through alternative media.